Tues/Thurs at any time
Friday in the evening
Saturday in the evening
Sunday at any time
Up to 25 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationSophomore Biochemistry and Electrical Engineering Major at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
Experience- Tutored through CoPIRG Energy Service Corps, the University of Colorado (CS), LGBTQA services, and independent tutoring websites/services/word-of-mouth
- a paid AVID Tutor through Timberview Middle School and Pine Creek Middle School, CO Springs
- Worked in career fields as biology lab assistant; senior research director; commissioned MIDI project associate; junior engineer in electronics and circuitry; have two published papers in environment sustainability and optimal specimen growth
- Have tutored in: general chemistry/biology, electrochemistry, evolutionary biology, microbiology, biomimetics, logic circuits, robotics, abstraction, conceptual design, mathematical curriculum from algebra to general calculus, piano/music theory, speech and debate/public speaking, writing and paper composition, philosophy, sociology/gender studies, and French language and history
- Bilingual in English and French; conversational in American Sign Language
- Worked professionally as artist in commissioned industrial art and ink media
- Have had books/papers/blogs published under my editing supervision
- ACT Scores: 30, 31, 32
- SAT Scores: 2040, 2190, 2280
HobbiesI'm big into reading. I'm an enthusiast for Oscar Wilde, Isaac Asimov, Wallace Stevens, and Virginia Woolfe. I also love horror like Stephen King, sci-fi like Ray Bradbury, and scientific authors like Brian Greene.
I also love the outdoors. I like to breed ladybugs and other, less fabulous beetles, along with spiders (quite a lot of tarantulas), crustaceans, and occasionally slime molds. Besides all that nasty business, I love swimming and hiking; I'm really lucky to live in Colorado.
I am, admittedly, a nerd. I'm big into comic books, videogames, cardgames, cartoons, and some television series. I gotta say, Pokemon and the X-COM series are my guilty pleasures.
I have a thing for community service and volunteer work. I work a lot within different civil and environmental rights organizations, and I try to help out at Springs soup kitchens and shelters at least monthly. I'm not big into religion, but I can't resist getting free blondies for helping out at church bake sales and whatnot.
My personality is pretty mellow, but I'm intensely dedicated to the philosophies and commitments I have in life - that makes me pretty passionate about the pursuit of knowledge.
Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Geometry, Math, Pre-Calculus, SAT Math, Trigonometry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Microbiology, Physics, Science, English, French, Latin, ACT, SAT, Computer Skills, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Geography, History, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, Music, Organization, Philosophy, Psychology, Social Studies, Study Skills, Writing, Literature, Art History, Art Theory, Music Theory, Music History, Logic Circuits, Geology, Speech, Public Speaking, Logic, Debate, American Sign Language
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.